David V. Breen
David V. Breen is the founder of the Breen Law Firm LLC. Mr. Breen is an attorney, arbitrator, mediator, and early neutral evaluator with experience as an in-house counsel and as a sole practitioner. His background and experience make him ideal for his practice areas.
Mr. Breen graduated Magna Cum Laude, from Edinboro University with a B.A. in Psychology, and earned a J.D. in Law from Duquesne University. He is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
During his career, David V. Breen served as a labor contract administrator and in-house counsel handling labor relations, labor arbitrations, labor negotiaions, employment issues, litigation, and commercial matters.
He started his own practice in 1992 representing individuals and businesses in the areas of employment, labor, divorce, family, criminal defense, and juvenile law. His legal practice now focuses on divorce, family, criminal defense and juvenile law. In the family law area, Mr. Breen offers traditional, collaborative and mediation approaches to divorce and resolving family conflicts. His criminal practice provides effective resolution to DUI, Underage Drinking, Possession, Preliminary Hearings Felonies, Misdemeanors, and all criminal matters.
In addition to his law practice, David V. Breen developed an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) practice as a nuetral labor arbitratior and an arbitrator, mediator and early neutral evaluator of employment, business, commercial, community, divorce and family disputes and conflicts. Mr. Breen is strictly a neutral with respect to labor and employment matters. As a neutral, he has been appointed as an arbitrator, mediator and early neutral evaluator on both public and private panels.
He is a Navy Veteran and is highly active in local, state, and national, professional and community organizations.
- Licensed in Pennsylvania & West Virginia.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- Allegheny County Bar Association.
- Employment & Labor Law Section, Allegheny County Bar Association.
- Sole & Small Firm Practitioners Section, Allegheny County Bar Association.
- Family Law Section, Allegheny County Bar Association.
- Criminal Litigation Section, Allegheny County Bar Association.
- Federal Court Section, Allegheny County Bar Association.
- Criminal Law Sub-Committee, Federal Court Section, Allegheny
- County Bar Association.
- Labor & Employment Relations Association, Central & SW PA Chapters.
- Pittsburgh Matrimonial Inns of Court.
- Board of Directors Northern Allegheny County Chamber.
- Education Committee of Northern Allegheny County Chamber.
- Washington & Jefferson College, Parents’ Council.
- North Hills Community Outreach “Ask the Attorney” Program.
- Former Board Member, Stepping Stones Children’s Center.
- Former Chairperson of the Board, Stepping Stones Children’s Center.
- Recipient, Stepping Stones Children’s Center Volunteer of the Year Award.
- Former Member, Rich-Mar Rotary.
- Former Coach, Pine-Richland Rams Youth Football.
- Former Secretary, Pine-Richland Touchdown Club.
- Former School Director, Pine-Richland School District.
- Former Board Member, Pine-Richland Opportunities Fund.
- Former Member, Northern Business Association.
Seminars & Publications
- “The Stages of Mediation: The Process Begins: Mediator’s Opening Statement/Parties’ Statements/Joint Discussion” – Mediation Council of Western Pennsylvania – Roundtable Discussion, (Pittsburgh, 4/20/09).
- “Second Tuesday Divorce Workshop” – (Pittsburgh YWCA – 1/13/09 & 4/14/09).
SR 160: What’s Happening with ADR in Pennsylvania?” – ACBA Family Law ADR Sub-Committee Presentation, (Pittsburgh, 2/20/09).
- “SR 160: What’s Happening with ADR in Pennsylvania?” – Mediation Council of Western Pennsylvania – Conflict Resolution Day Ceremony, (Pittsburgh, 10/15/08).
- “The Nine Commandments of Ethics: Standard IV – Competence” – Mediation Council of Western Pennsylvania – Roundtable Discussion, (Pittsburgh, 6/16/08).
- “Mediation: Forums on General, Business, and Community Mediation” – Mediation Council of Western Pennsylvania – Panel Discussion, (Pittsburgh YWCA – 3/27/08, 7/23/08, 8/20/08).
- “Ask the Professional” – Seminar on Divorce and Family Conflict, Northland Public Library – 1/25/07, 5/10/07 & 3/6/08, Hampton Community Library10/9/08).
- “An Arbitrator’s Perspective on the Ten Most Serious Mistakes An Advocate Can Make” – Presentation, (USWA Locals – Linden Hall – 6/20/05).
- “An Arbitrator’s Perspective on How to Be a Successful Advocate” – Presentation, (USWA Locals – Linden Hall – 4/27/04).
- “Sole & Small Firm Section provides Legal Lessons and Networking Opportunities”, publication, Today’s Attorney, Allegheny Bar County Association, March 2007.